Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Best Friend

It seemed like a long way away when my BFF booked her trip from Boston to Calgary BUT she arrives on Friday & I am getting excited - maybe that's the reason I made this "my best friend" card - I mean I am taller then her!!

For this card I used Amy R's Sketch 60. The images are from October Afternoons Night Light stamps (aren't they the cutest?!) I stamped the images on Gina K's pure luxury cs with memento black ink and coloured them with lyra pencils and mineral spirits. Naturally you HAVE to add googlie eyes to these little guys!

The base is SU's pumpkin pie layered with basic black and lavender lace cs. The DS paper is from Daisy Bucket Designs "little monsters" line that Gloria and the girls at Scrapbooker's Paradise North convinced me I "had" to have (yeah it didn't take much!!)
Thanks for another great sketch Amy - yep only 3 more sleeps til my best friend arrives!!

Have a great day

Dana

9 comments:

Leslie said...

That doesn't look at all like you and your BFF!! Only three more sleeps - have a wonderful time with Karen! Oh, forgot to say....cute card!

Karen Motz said...

Yes, I've always looked up to you, my BFF!!! I'm SO excited for Friday!!! This card is just darling!!!

Janet said...

awwww such a cute card...too bad this doesn't look like either of you!! :)

~amy~ said...

Whatta FUN card!!!

Anonymous said...

Your gonna be uber excited when I see you on friday morning aren't you? Hahahaha - love the card! Googlie eyes rock! heehee

Rachel said...

This is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

This is such a SCARY card....but super scary! And cute!

Christyne said...

What a cute card! Next time you AND your BFF need to book a trip to Toronto!!!

AmyR said...

hehehe this card rocks - those stamps are adorable LOL!

Thanks for playing along!! :)