Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sailing Thanks...

My hubby was taken on an amazing trip over the Canadian May long weekend; he went to Boston for the Volvo Cup and while docked they were taken on the boats then they followed them out of the harbour when the race re-started - how cool is that?! He asked for some Thank You cards to send and I have struggled making them because I don't have a sailboat or any type of boat stamp, I finally sent an email to amazingly talented friend Nancy and asked if she had anything - she (being the amazingly talented person she is) immediately had an email of a ship for me to print & colour - how freakin' great is that?! I printed it off & my hubby was blown away that she could get something together for me.


I printed the image on Gina K Pure luxury 120lb cardstock and let it sit for awhile then coloured it with my copics, I didn't heat set the image & the ink seemed fine from our laser printer. I struggled a bit because all my designer paper is too feminine and I wanted to use the team colours so I finally decided to have a white cb, layered with Tangerine Tango, then Pacific Point which I embossed with Swiss dots. The image is cut with nesties and layered on Tangerine Tango.

The Sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Whimsical Wishes stamp set called Branching Out, which Nancy designs. If you haven't had a chance stop by Taylored Expressions and see her amazing sets - for 3 months a set Nancy designed is raising money for Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto which is such an amazing cause!



Thanks so much Nancy you are so talented & I am so happy to call you a friend - we will definitely get together the next time I out east for a visit!!


Thanks for stopping by & have a great Sunday

Dana

4 comments:

Leslie said...

"I'm sailing away"......LOVE the colours - it's so nautical! Great copic colouring.

Nancy said...

This looks amazing, Dana! Great colours. I am going to have to use this image--I like it so much!!
~Nancy

Karen Motz said...

I LOVE this!!! The colours are FAB!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great manly card! No wonder he loved it and I am sure the guys will too!