Thursday, January 27, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDY!!

Welcome to our blog hop for the fabulous Wendy Bond!!  Today's her birthday and what a great way to celebrate!  If you came here from Karen Motz's blog you are on the right path, if not please hop over to the start on her blog.  She also has the master list of all everyone wanting to play along

When I went to make Wendy's card I knew MFT's Who's that Girl? Meet Me at the Cafe would be perfect!  We try to together for dinner (and wine) and the last time we had dinner  an associate of my hubby's was there and sent over a bottle of wine - he's my favourite!!  Sadly last night we only had time to meet for a coffee but I gave her a bottle of wine (we both love our Italian red wine!!) for her birthday today!


The image is stamped with mementos ink and I paper pieced their outfits and the bottle of wine.  The ds paper is MME fine and dandy true blue.  I popped the awning over their heads.  The scallops are MFT's die-namic jumbo scallops die.

The next stop on the hop is the amazingly talented and brilliant Jodi Collins - enjoy the hop Wendy and have a great birthday!!

Dana 

21 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This card is perfect for when you and Wendy get together!!! I still can't believe there was no wine when you saw her last night! LOL!!

Lisa H. said...

this is lovely! great papers and fabby scene you created.

Regan said...

perfect card for Wendy!!

Anonymous said...

Love my card, it is so wicked! I really examined it last night and the paper piecing rocks my friend! Don't worry, we will have wine next time! Thanks for this....love ya!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

so cute

Leslie said...

OMG that is fantastic! I love it! It's you and Wendy for sure! :)

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

Fabulous, Dana!!

Christina Fischer said...

Looks like the perfect way to celebrate! :) I love the fun papers!

jeanne girl said...

Great card Dana - especially the red wine!!! :)

Melody said...

Darling!! Love all that paper piecing. Looks like a perfect night out!

Barbara said...

Fabulous card, Dana!!

Michele Boyer said...

Sweet! Love all that paper-piecing!

Pauline said...

Awesome, perfect card! Love all your paper piecing!

Crafty Cath said...

YOU are the paper piecing Queen! I can not believe how much effort you have in this card. It's awesome. And lucky you for actuallly getting to share some time with Wendy in honor of her day.

Eva said...

This is so pretty!!! I LOVE your paper piecing!

paula tracy williamson said...

it's perfect for you wine lovin' girls and the paper piecing is GREAT!

Stephenie said...

Such a nice card for a close friend! You are blessed to have such a close friend!

Charlene Austin said...

Hey Dana...this card is perfect! Wine and coffee...both are that girls first love.

Jessie/knightrone said...

I'm so jealous...you get to see her, in person, waaaaah!! Super cute card, lucky girl!!

Jodi Collins said...

How fun is this! LOVE this MFT image and the papers are perfect!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Your paper piecing is perfection!!! Love the great colors you chose.