Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Feel Better....

I made this card for my girlfriend who has been sick all through the Christmas holidays, and she is expecting so as all you Mom's know she can't take anything! They have even cancelled New Year Eve plans; poor thing!

I loved this set from MFT called Bunny Slippers, what more could you want then to be all cozy when feeling lousy?!

The card worked perfectly with Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday layout. The image is coloured with copics, and I added a little glitter on the light pink parts. The DS paper is from Pink Paislee - love the vibrant colours! The card base and the image are both on Gina K Pure Luxury CS, the rest to of the CS is from SU; Rose Red and Bashful Blue. I used the cuttlebug Swiss Dots to give a little texture and added SU's taffeta ribbon. Because the paper is a little "busy" I embossed the sentiment in black to ensure it didn't get lost.


I had a lot of fun making the card; but I do wish it wasn't for a sick friend - hope you are all well after the craziness of the holidays!

Thanks for stopping by


Dana
supplies - copics, embossing powder, versamark ink, CS Gina K Pure Luxury, SU Rose Red, Bashful Blue, DS Pink Paislee "Pop Fashion Collection" MFT Stamp "Bunny Slippers", SU white taffeta ribbon

5 comments:

Janet said...

aww i am sure your friend will love it, its a great card!
hope you have a great new years!!

Betty J Schaub said...

Great card Dana! Love those bunny slippers...

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a nice get well card.

Karen Motz said...

Mom and I are lounging on a couch in the lobby in Jamaica and I'm showing her your blog. She said "that's a really cute card and I like the background paper".
{{{waves and hugs}}}

Leslie said...

Very cute card - wish I had those bunny slippers!