Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Quick Christmas Card?!

This year I was enjoying some of my new stamps, like MFT's Baby It's Cold Outside, and watercolouring or others that I used my copics with; it was just so relaxing, THEN on Dec 10 I realized I only had about 25 cards made & we send out over 100 plus several go overseas - CRAP! I needed to come up with a "quick & easy" design.

I immediately thought out SU's Big On Christmas because it super quick -just colouring in the letters and boom done. So I picked my colours; all the retired in colours from last year, Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi & and the image is stamped on Whisper White.

When I looked at the Purely Pomegrante I decided it needed a little something so I put it through my Big Shot (will emboss 2 perfectly) with Swiss dots. I then looked at my other layers and again felt it needed a little more so I decided to run all 76 pieces though the big shot with my new Curved Rectangles Nesties; I cut 2 at a time but did emboss them separately because I wanted the embossing to really show.

I stamped the image with SU basic black and coloured it with reinkers and blender pens. Again I didn't like how flat the card looked SO I stamped the trees & snowmen, coloured them, added a little crystal effects on the tree bulbs, and Gelly rolled the garland and outlined the words to make them sparkle. After cutting all the images and popping them up I decided to pop up the mounted image as well.

Yep I came up with a "quick" design!!
Thanks for stopping by
Dana

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That's a great quickie design seeing as you had 100 to make - wow!

Janet said...

great design...i should use my SU stamps more! lol

Karen Motz said...

hey, when did you get these nesties...secret keeper! LOL! They're perfect with this stamp set. Well done, my friend!