Monday, September 21, 2009

Poochie Christmas

Well I am home safe & sound & I must say after nearly 2 weeks it was sweet to be in my own bed last night!! I had an absolutely fantastic time at Karen's and in TO BUT I am one tired girl!

I made this card last week before leaving Karen's but didn't get the post done - we were having too much fun at Bare Essentials that night (how I wish that store was in Canada!!)

For this card I used Mercy's sketch from last week (technically still this week) MTSC39. Poochie is stamped with mementos ink and I paper pieced his shirt. The DS paper is from Making Memories (Falala) and it's layered on Prism Spring Willow medium and paper pierced. The bottom layer is bravo burgundy which I embossed with cuttlebugs swiss dots folders. I used build a brads but instead used crystal effects on top; which I love the look of & now I think my brads will get used! I finished it off with burgundy grosgrain ribbon.

I am off to put my stuff away; my stamping suitcase (yes it's separate from the clothes one - good thing I can check 2!) was much heavier on the way home so I am off to find my room so I can play with all my new stuff!!

Have a great day - make sure you pop over to Mercy's on Tuesday for this weeks sketch

Dana

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dana...this is wonderful! love that stamp image, the dp, and the embossing...great job!

thanks for playing along with last week's sketch...can't wait to see what you come up with this week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Leslie said...

Cute! That is one perfect bow, my friend - did you use the Bow Easy? I use crystal effects now too for my Build a Brads - I find the clear sticky things that come with it don't stick. Great tip, TFS!