Friday, February 26, 2010

Golden Girls

I made my Bellariffic Friday's card with the thought of the women's hockey team gold medal game & I am so excited that they are Golden Girls!!


For my card I used Karen G's Sweet Sunday sketch from this week (SSSC57) Hockey-Mom-a-Bella is stamped with mementos ink onto bella's bestest paper and coloured with copics. I used a pitch black atyou spica pen on the trim of the hockey bag. For the skate blades I used a gelly roll pen, and for the hockey tape I used a white gel pen then drew the black tape lines back on.

The image is cut with a small octagon nesties & layered onto a black octagon. All the cs was embossed with swiss dots & I added some ribbon and a button.

I am excited to stop by Bloggabella and see all the other Winter sports/Winter cards in honour of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver. I will be sad next week when they are over, I have been watching everything on TV (here in Canada we have 4 stations showing the games so you don't miss a thing!) I guess next week is back to reality and getting stuff done around the house!!

Next weeks Bellariffic Friday's challenge is "Polka Dots Big & Small we love them all" Make sure you email your card to Em by midnight Thursday and have a great weekend - I am so nervous about the men's hockey game tonight, but if they play like they did Wednesday night we will be OK!

GO CANADA GO!!

Dana

2 comments:

Leslie said...

This is an OUTSTANDING card Dana!! Love, love, LOVE it!! So Olympic, so Canadian. I watched our women win GOLD and it was SO exciting! GOOOOOOOOO Canada!!!!! (Sorry, I'm a little excited)

Christyne said...

WOOT!!! WOOT!!! GO CANADA!!!