Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hello Laddie

I made this card for my dad and totally forgot to post it - what the heck?!  I mean how could I forget?! My dad played in the Nelson Pipe Band all my life; we grew up listening to the bagpipes and two of my brother joined the band (one piper one drummer) so I had to have this Laddie from TGF!



The image is stamped with memento's ink and coloured with copics.   The DS paper is from Basic Greys Joival collection.  I added some black rhinestones on his jacket and metal on this hat (that's so not what it's called!!) to finish the card off.

I hand delivered this card to my dad in the fall - he thought it was fantastic.  When I was a kid I  didn't think I liked the pipe band music, but now when I hear the pipes anywhere my foot starts tapping!

Thanks for stopping by &  have a great day

Dana

8 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

OMG girlie! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE him!! What a CUTIE and your coloring and papers are PERFECT!!!

jeanne girl said...

He is adorable :). I can just picture you doing a jig to some "pipe" music!!

Christina said...

A lovely card Dana! And congratulations with your fathers birthday!
Hugs Kristel

Janet said...

omg soooooooooo cute:) my SIL plays the bag pipes:)
hugs

Karen Motz said...

He's a perfect little Scottish laddie with all that plaid!! LOVE it!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

what a cutie!!! Of course that paper could not be any more perfect!!! LOVE your new picture also!!!!

Crafty Cath said...

What a great card! And perfect for a bagpiping Dad. I LOVE the sound of pipes - we're Irish - and they actually give me chills everytime I hear them. Great shading on your "hat" - your plaid paper is perfect!

Nicky said...

Fabulous card Dana. Love the colouring and papers .

nicky