Friday, July 20, 2012

Christmas in July!!

Happy Bellariffic Friday - this weeks theme was to create a Christmas card; it's never too early to get them started!  For my card I inked up Bunny with a Present by Mo Manning from Stamping Bella


The image is stamped with versafine ink onto watercolour paper then coloured with distress markers.  On the bunny's fur I also used a silver gelato from Faber Castel to give him some shine.  I then shaded around the image with distress inks in tumbled glass and antique linen.  For the fur trim and pom pom on his hat I used liquid applique and glitter.  The cs is co'rdinations which is embossed with a snowflake embossing folder.

Don't forget to stop by Bloggabella to see the rest of the Christmas in July creations.  Next week is Sketch week.  Email your card to Emily by Thursday to be included on Bloggabella and you could win some bella bucks.


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day

Dana 

6 comments:

Pauline said...

Ah! This is one of my favourite Mo christmas images. Love that paper, has a nice shimmer to it. Beautiful colouring, love the shading around, very nice tones.

Leslie said...

Look at you - another Christmas card done! Love that you embossed that gorgeous shimmery paper! So Pretty!

Crafty Cath said...

I love the silver gelato you used for the bunny's fur! What a wonderful texture it gives. And I really love the way you've been coloring with watercolor markers. This is so pretty!

Lynne said...

Beautiful card. Thanks. Lynne from OZ

Anonymous said...

How many darling Xmas cards you have done??? brat.... :)

Karen Motz said...

This pudgy bunny is really adorable and I love the embossed shimmer paper!