Sunday, January 8, 2012

Feeling Fluey?!

Happy Sunday - I'm happy to report that my voice came back Fridays evening and I'm feeling much better; not sure if hubby misses the silence or not!

Maybe it's because I'd been sick or that Em is sick but when I saw this months SKFYTT from Jen I immediately pulled out my Huggabuggs from Stamping Bella and was drawn to fluey huggabugg.


The image is stamped on bella's bestest cream paper and coloured with copics.  Now my hot water bottle in red, but fluey's is more of a rust colour.  I also went with bare feet because I hate socks & would have bare feet if I was sick!!  I shaded around the image using pencils and gamsol.  I added some glitter to the wings, used red stickles for the thermometer and tiny clear rhinestones on the antennas.  The ds paper is MME's Darling Dear.  I embossed the base chocolate chip cs with cuttlebugs swiss dot folder.

You still have time to play along with this weeks Bellariffic Friday; our first one of 2012!  Just email your card to Em (emily@stampingbella.com) by Thursday to be included on Friday and have a chance at some bella bucks. Now the we are back on SCS link your card in the gallery (BELLARIFFIC0112) and you can win a 20.00 gift voucher at Stamping Bella & since she is teasing us with the peeks of the new Uptown girls I think the vouchers would be very handy!!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!!

Dana 
copics: Y0000, Y11, Y13, E0000, E000, E07, E08, E42, E47, BG70, BG0000 

8 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

OMG Dana she is adorable !! I don't have this image and looks like I need to add it to my shopping basket.

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Dana!
Hugs Kristel

Pauline said...

Dana a perfect image for this time of year, with all the colds and such. Adorable card (funny that you mentioned about the image I used today, I almost coloured this one up as well!) Love all the polkadots!

Jodi Collins said...

Glad you are on the mend my friend! This little bug is as sweet as can be! LOVE the colors of the papers too!

Ann Kranitz said...

Great image for this sketch. I love what you created. Hope all is well!!!

jeanne girl said...

Cute card and glad that you are feeling better!!!

Leslie said...

Gotta love those huggabugs - they'll make anyone feel better! Glad you're on the mend!

Karen Motz said...

Fluey is perfect for this sketch! Your colouring is superb and I love the sparkle on the wings!