Monday, January 2, 2012

Finally

I made it into my stamp room today!!  We hosted New Years Eve & I was fighting laryngitis so yesterday it hit full force & I was literally on the couch all day watching a marathon of Storage Wars which I'm now totally addicted to!  Today we de-Christmasfied and after that I was in my room watching hockey & trying to find my mojo.

On SCS today I noticed that the MFTGUESTDT challenge for this month was paper piecing - seriously how was I going to pass that up?!


I inked up one of my new stamps MFT a la mode's Hot Cocoa Cutie.  I stamped the image with memento tuxedo black ink and coloured her face and hair.  I stamped the image a second time and coloured her hands and boots.  On the boots I then used some black flocking.  Her pants are paper pieced with riding hood red cs, the mug is paper pieced with a piece of MME's Be Merry, as is her sweater.  For the marshmallow's I used some white liquid applique and let it dry.

I then cut out the image and paper pieced it onto MFT's Tag You're It die-namic and layered the olive piece on a piece of riding hood red cs.  For the riding hood red piece I traced the Tag You're It die and cut it out.  For the sentiment I used a ribbon die from MFT's First Place Aware Ribbon die-namic.  I just realized I forgot to trim the paper under her arm - whoops!!  Originally I was leaving it on the cream cs but changed my mind.

Thanks for stopping by - off to rest up so I can cheer for Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championship that's being played here this week!!

Have a great day

Dana 

5 comments:

Leslie said...

She's sweet and I could use a cup of that hot chocolate...it's freeeeeezing here! Take care of your laryngitis - cheer quietly! Go Canada Go!

jeanne girl said...

Looks good darling!! Good to see you here... I have been MIA over the holidays! Ready for coffee soon??

Crafty Cath said...

You're the paper piecing Queen, you'd better not pass it up! And lordy did you put a lot into this...flocked boots, full outfit of cut paper and a matted tag too..Love this! Guess you got some new toys over the holidays! Hope you feel better and can head to the ice but save your voice...bring a cow bell instead!

Karen Motz said...

All those stripes look so awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Craft room??? I have no idea where mine is right now....no Mojo at all!!!!!!!!! At least your card rocks even with sickness!!! We can catch up on Wed!