Sunday, January 4, 2009

trying to get organized


I've been fighting a cold the past couple of days, and when I get any type of cold I lose my voice (I think my husband doesn't mind
so much!) Also I don't feel super creative so I didn't stamp today
- instead I made an attempt at getting my desk a little organized;
I hate clutter!

I've had this Ribbon Dispenser from KaiserCraft since the summer, my BFF Karen made a fantastic clock for me, since she was the first one of us to move from the GTA this summer, and she gave
me the ribbon dispenser to make to match for my new craft room.
I love the size of the container; but I have WAY to much ribbon for this dispenser so I painted it, then put paper over the ribbon holes
so I can simply use it to hold some of my everyday stuff on my desk instead of it being in plastic containers!

The Embellishment Caddy is from KaiserCraft and again I finally
decided it was time to get it made and put to use. Right now it
holds my Memento ink, Pallette ink, and other regular items PLUS all my new stamps that are waiting to either be cut or inked - figure if they are right in front of me they might get used?!

Again I painted the caddy with Heidi Swap Acrylic paint in pumpkin; which dries super quick, then I added paper from Cloud 9 Designs from their Sunrise Smoothie line. The colours are of course mine with orange/pumpkin, blues, pinks and greens; all of my favourite colours! I added a little SU Pumpkin Pie ribbon along the handle but decided to leave them pretty basic (for now anyways)

I actually think the caddy maybe converted to a
copics holder; once I get the right holders I think
it will be perfect since I use them almost everyday!

Thanks for stopping by - have a great evening


Dana

supplies: Kaiserscrapbook Beyond the page Ribbon Dispensor & Embellishment Caddy, Heidi Swap Acrylic paint, Could 9 Desgin paper,
SU Pumpkin Pie ribbon

2 comments:

Karen Motz said...

I love what you did with both of these pieces. Converting the ribbon holder to a 'catch-all' is a great idea...I'll have to do that with mine.
Feel better my BFF!

Janet said...

Such a cool idea!!
I hope you are feeling better!

I have nominated you for an award on my blog! Check it out:)
hugs