Thursday, January 8, 2009

Verve Challenge 1 & 3

I was on SCS today and was reading the Looking for Love Release week Challenge from Verve; leading up to their new release on Friday - What a fantastic challenge. You simply have to complete all four challenges and post them on SCS by noon Mtn time on Friday and you can win stamps! Of course that means I have to make four cards by then BUT it's the same time zone so I think I can do it between now and then - really I have 2 down and only 2 to go....

The first card is the 3rd challenge VSLFL3. For this card I used the colour challenge colours that were still on my desk. The stamp is an old one from my stash; I think it was one of the first stamps I bought way back when (aside from SU) it's by MSE. The image is stamped on SU whisper white with Riding hood red, and the DS is SU's Riding hood red, mounted on SU's basic black and the base is SU's kraft. I added some punched flowers and red bon bons from Stamping Bella.

This is for the colour challenge VSLFL1 - Riding hood red; Kraft and Blush Bloosom. For this I used SU's Garden Whimsy; which I love. I stamped the images with Blush Blossom then "rocked" them in Riding hood Red; I did this 2x then cut and just glued down the edges to give the flying effect. Of course they need to shimmer so I added some dazzling diamonds.







Thanks for stopping by -
Dana

4 comments:

Janet said...

wow amazing cards!!! You have another award on my blog:)
hugs

Nicky said...

Dana, these cards are amazing. I just love what you did with the loopy daisy and the butterflies.
Thaks so much for nominating me you are the BEST.
Mwah
Nicky

Karen Motz said...

Oh, Garden Whimsy...you know I love that set. And that shoe is FABULOUS!!! Why have I not seen it before??? :)

Jaspere said...

Love that butterfly card and how you colored the images. Just beautiful