Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sweet n Sassy Christmas

I'm still plucking away at my Christmas cards; I am happy to say I only need to make about another 20 and I am done! Funny it's been warm here in Calgary & no snow so everyone is getting their Christmas lights up; last night when I drove home it seemed like most of the neighbourhood has their lights on - makes it easy to find my house, it's the one without!!

I bought this image last year when it was released from MFT, this is how I feel just before Christmas and I don't even have kids!! I have this thing about baking but we really don't eat it so this year I am cutting back (at least that's what I say today!)


WTG Merry Christmas is stamped with mementos ink and coloured with copics. I added pink and blue stickles to the tree and used pink and red smooch to the packages. The DS paper is Basic Greys Eskimo Kisses. This weeks Sweet n Sassy's challenge (SSS31) was a sketch with a twist - sewing so I stitched around my pink base which I embossed with Quickutz snowflakes. I also stitched along the patterned strip. I added some pink rhinestones to the snowflake and the patterned strips which I cut with my word window punch.

I stamped the sentiment on the inside of the card and coloured it with copics, I added clear glaze to the glass.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!!

Dana

copics: y25, yg93, yg95, e00, e21, e40, e41, e43, e44, r35, r37, rv000, rv10, bg000, bg01, bg02

9 comments:

Danni said...

What a great card! great job!

Karen Motz said...

I love love LOVE this card!!! I LOVE the little tabs at the top, the snowflake, all the bling and those fabulous colours!!!!!

Janet said...

what a fantastic card!! i adore it!
hugs

Miche said...

I love this!! Feel free to send me your excess baking!!!LOL

Barb g (WV) said...

This is a FANTASTIC card, I love all of your details and the image is super cute! Thanks so much for joining us at the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge!
Barbg(WV)

stamps&cars said...

Absolutely darling!! Thanks for playing along with the sketch!

Joanne B. said...

Dana! This is GORGEOUS!

Korin said...

Your card is fantastic, Dana! Please email me at korinstamps@comcast.net. I'd like you talk to you about being a Guest Sugar Baby :).

Thanks for playing along!
Korin

Wendy said...

This one is stunning! Look at your colouring!