Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sweet Sunday 135

Happy Sunday I hope everyone had a great week!  Today I'm back to share Karen's Sweet Sunday sketch for this week (SSSC135)


I needed to make a thank you card for my Aunt.  Last weekend I spent in Nelson visiting my parents.  The weather was so fabulous that my parents & I went to my Aunt & Uncles cabin to float on the lake.  It was so relaxing; except for my Mom when I accidentally tipped her floaty ;)  ANYWAYS my Aunt sent me home with some canning - some yummy jams!  Since my Aunt is also an amazing gardener I decided to use a flower image.


I inked up Stamping Bella's Flower Garden.  The image is stamped with mementos ink onto bella's bestest paper and coloured with pencils and mineral spirits.  In the centre of the flowers I added a little glitter.  After being so good and sticking to the sketch for a couple of weeks I had to flip it this time!

Please stop by the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers blogs to see their creations and if you play along don't forget to link your card on Karen's blog

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day

Dana 

10 comments:

Christina said...

That is a beautiful card Dana!!
Hugs Kristel

Karen Giron said...

This is gorgeous! Love the pink and green and of course all the sparkle! Glad to hear you guys had a great visit, even with the water dunking ;)

Dawn Easton said...

Dana, this is beautiful! I really need to pull out my pencils again. Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Glad you had a nice time last week in Nelson. I'm sure your mom has forgiven you for accidently tipping her over ;) Family Fun! Love it!

Leslie said...

You tipped your Mum in the lake?! I think you need to make one of these pretty card for your Mum now to apologize! :) It's so pretty, so soft, lovely!

Vicki Burdick said...

so pretty Dana!! Love those flowers!

Lynn Put said...

This is lovely Dana! The pink roses look fantastic and I like how you flipped the sketch!

Renee said...

Ohhh pretty!! Great challenge card :)

jeanne girl said...

Very pretty card Dana!! The flowers are gorgeous :) Glad to hear you had a fun weekend in the sun. Planning to email you for a coffee date :)

Crafty Cath said...

I knew you would flip this sketch! But your visions are always so great! Totally love your knack for pulling colors together and drawing your eye in. Your Aunt will love this!

Robin McK said...

Gorgeous Dana! The colours are beautiful, and those flowers are so lovely!