Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sweet Mavis

Hope you are all having a great week - it's warmed up here (-5C is warmed up!) and they say we will be cracking 0 this weekend!!  

Today I was able to play along with Karen G's Sweet Sunday Sketch (SSSC100).  I need a birthday card for a friend in Toronto, and she is a cat person (naturally her cats always came to see me when I was at her house because I'm allergic!!) so I inked up one of Stamping Bella's sweet Mavis images by Christy Croll.  Speaking of sweet images have you seen the sneak peek new images over on Bloggabella?! 


Mavis has a Daisy is stamped with mementos ink onto bella's bestest paper and coloured with caran d'ashe pencils (I LOVE these pencils!!)  I paper pieced her dress and the flowers.  In the centre of the flowers I used clear rhinestones which I coloured with copics.  The DS paper is basic greys Marjolaine.

This weeks Bellariffic Fridays theme is FREE FORM so any Stamping Bella image works - email your card to Em by Thursday to be included and you could win some Bella Bucks (which will come in handy based on the sneak peeks!!)

Thanks so much for stopping by - have a great day 

Dana 

10 comments:

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Dana! Love the colours you used!
Hugs Kristel

Leslie said...

Sweet Mavis IS sweet - lovely paper and great colouring!

Jodi Collins said...

She is WAY to cute girlie!! LOVE the colors and papers too!!

Sharnee Torrents said...

WOW Dana this cat is soooooo cute!! The softness of the blues and greens are gorgeous colours to work with! LOve this!
SMiles SHArnee :)

Country Mouse said...

Mavis is adorable!!! I love your color combo on this card!!! Super cute!

Ann Kranitz said...

OMG....she is precious!!! Your coloring is right on girl and those papers are perfect with her!!! Keep warm

Nicky said...

Fabulous card Dana. Love the colouring and the paper you chose.
nicky

Karen Motz said...

Oooh! She's a real sweetie!!!

Pauline said...

Ahh sweet Mavis! Love the colors, and layout!

Robin McK said...

Hey Dana!
Mavis is soo cute, and I love the layout you used! TFS