Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sweet Sunday SSSC107

Happy Sunday - I hope you have all had a great weekend!  Karen created another fantastic sketch for us, and somewhat daunting for a girl like me!!

I went back and forth several times finding just the right image for the sketch (SSSC107) and finally settled on flipping the sketch vertically and it came together for me (with some measuring!!)


I inked up MFT's Pure Innocence My Umbrella (currently not in stock)  and coloured her with copics then paper pieced her jacket, boots and umbrella with the ds paper from MME Stella & Rose's Gertie.  The squares are from the same piece of ds paper.  I added some twinkles along the bottom of the scallops border to give the image some bling.  I used a quickie glue pen and some glitter on the rain.  I popped up the panel with the image on because I can never seem to send cards without any dimension!


Please stop by the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers to see their creations 

I hope you can play along with us this week and remember to link your card on Karen's Blog!!

Dana 

10 comments:

Karen Giron said...

So adorable!! I love these little PI girls and all that paper piecing is amazing!

Leslie said...

OMgoodness, I LOVE that you flipped the sketch! You paper pieced to perfection :) Love the pattern paper too, cause the stripes go with the falling rain! No rain here today. Woke up to a winter wonderland!

Karen Motz said...

Cute cute CUTE!!!!!!!! Love all the paper piecing and the fun striped paper!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is adorable Dana, love that PI image and all the paper piecing!! So Cute!!

Colleen Begley said...

Dana, I too am loving your paper piecing! I also really like how you used the same paper for the squares and umbrella and how it pulls the overall look together. So cute.

Teresa Zuehls said...

A very adorable card. I love the pattern paper you used for the paper piecing. So cute.

Crafty Cath said...

Love that you flipped the sketch...it works beautifully! This little cutie looks great all decked out in her polka dot outfit and stiped 'brelli.

Ann Kranitz said...

Dana, this is adorable. I love those cute polka dot rain boots and coat. Very sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, this is super cute! Look at all your paper piecing!!! Great sketch too!

dj1952 said...

She is so cute and colorful! Great card and challenge. Hugs, dj1952