Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cheers to SSSC141

Happy Sunday - I hope you are having a great weekend! Karen has a fabulous sketch for us this week - no weird sizes of shapes this week! 


SOOO if there aren't any weird shapes that means I can flip the sketch!  




For my card this week I inked up MFT's a la modes Cheers girl. I was drawn to her because I spent Saturday shopping for new shoes that I can wear to a cocktail party.  Last weekend hubby & I went to a fabulous back tie event for a wonderful charity, but twice while walking up the stairs I walked right out of my shoes - very classy no?!  Now I'm about 6' tall and hubby is shorter so it's a wee bit of a challenge to find something flat & dressy but this weekend I had success!  ANYWAYS on with my card.  The image is stamped with memento tuxedo black ink onto bella's bestest cream paper and coloured with copics.  I paper pieced the champagne glass (I prefer prosecco if I'm indulging) and used a clear glaze pen on the glass.  The ds paper is MME's lost & found Market Square.  Around the image I used distress ink and versamark ink.  For the scallop along the bottom I used MFT's small scallops border die namics.

Please stop by the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers blogs to see their creations and if you can play along with us this week don't forget to link your card on Karen's blog



Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!

Dana 

10 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

LOVE it - especially those sparkly bits! And this was a great sketch to rotate! And I'm with you on the no weird sizes or shapes!! :-)

Karen Giron said...

Love this sketch turned on its side! Your image is just darling and I love all the sparkle!! I'm with you and her crazy shapes and titled panels - that's just nuts! ;)

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous card, Dana! Love that you flipped the sketch....may need to do that as well. Glad your shopping trip was successful!!

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful card Dana! Your coloring is so soft and blending, it looks fantastic! And I like how you flipped the sketch too!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Great card Dana!! And I think we should rename you the Sketch Flip Queen :D. Your colouring is gorgeous too.

xx SJ

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome Dana, love the sketch flipped!!! Love that image!!

jeanne girl said...

Yeah for new shoes!! Love your card - like what you did around your image!! Starbucks this week sounds good to me :) Text me...

Crafty Cath said...

Now there's my girl...it's actually a bet I make myself; will Dana flip the sketch and show us how creative she can be or will she stick to the sketch? 9 times out of 10 you flip it and I love it! This a la mode looks stunning in her sparkly party attire. So glad to hear you got shoes for the rest of your Holiday party season.

Leslie said...

I love the flipped sketch!! You are the Queen of Flipping :) I love this image too and so pretty in pink!

Karen Motz said...

Cheers to new shoes my friend!!! That's always a good reason to celebrate!!

hey, my word verification was 'donate'. Does that mean one pair into the closet and one out? LOL!!