Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thanks Cathy!!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas; our was fantastic & my turkey dinner did turn out so I guess it is like riding a bike!
I haven't had a chance to stamp since Christmas Eve, today once we got going we went boxing day shopping - downtown Calgary is far less busy then downtown Toronto!!

I believe in always giving credit where credit is due & that is why this entry is title thank you Cathy (Lewis).
When I was still in Toronto I took a fantastic class at Scrapalicious Inc's Oakville location, Cathy Lewis was the instructor and I loved the finished product (as well as my classmates!) As soon as we finished I knew I would be "casing" the idea for my family.

The pattern paper used is from Basic Grey's Urban Prairie, and I used the matching buttons. i don't recall what line the black paper is but it's stunning with an embossed pattern on it. The other accessories are Prima, Rub Ons and Stamping Bella Baubles for a little bling.

I sent one to my parents & brothers as part of their gifts; this is the latest picture of the whole family and as my brothers families grow up you realize how much you need to cherish every moment you have with them.

I hope EVERYONE was able to enjoy time with their family this holiday season; or with your friends who really are you 2nd family

Thanks for stopping by & thanks again Cathy

Dana













4 comments:

Janet said...

great idea!!! love it:) hope you had a great christmas!!

Leslie said...

That is magnificent! Your parents and brothers will treasure it, I'm sure.

Karen Motz said...

This turned out beautifully Dae!!! Love it with the Urban Prairie papers. I'm sure your parents and brothers loved it too!
hugs
K

Charlene Austin said...

Oh Wow!! This is gorgeous! How about you have a class for me and teach me??