Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ciao Bella

I made this card for a girlfriend in Toronto - we lived close to each other here in Calgary then both moved to TO at about the same time & again lived 10min apart so I am having a tough time not being able to have a glass (or a few) of wine with her. When my hubby saw this card he said it could be for most of my friends, I see nothing wrong with that!!

For this card I used MFTSC66. I stamped MFT's Meet me at the Cafe on Gina K's pure luxury paper with Memento black ink and coloured the image with Copics except for the paper pieced dress, for that I used Basic Grey's Bittersweet 6x6 paper; I also used this for the awning of the cafe. I added some shimmer to the pink t-shirt Niji Pearlescent watercolours and outlined the chair and table legs with my black Atyou Spica Pen.

I hate to admit it, but I have been hording my SU hodgepodge hardware; why I am really not sure just hording so i finally broke into it tonight! The sentiment is from MFT's Essential Sentiments. The ribbon is SU burgundy, the image is mounted on SU Rose Red then on Pink Pirouette and the card base is Gina K's 120 lb cs (love that for bases!)

Thanks for stopping by -

Dana

4 comments:

Leslie said...

That is SO you Dana. May I say, those layouts make lovely cards - I should try a layout-LOL!

Janet said...

so cute!!! i really love this image!! maybe we can do an image swap???

Karen Motz said...

What a fabulous card. Kath will love it! Great job matching up the pattern on her dress. You really rocked that sketch too. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, thats us in Italy!!!!