Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Little Retro....


I'm cheating a little bit - this is my post for Monday and depending where you are it will be the Monday post but if you are still up on the west coast sorry!! I realized that I had to get this card linked to SCS before 9am & I am assuming it's Eastern time.

For this card I completed Gina K's Tailored Challenge; using a tailored bow on my card, if you don't know how to make on Joanne B has a great tutorial on her blog.

The stamp is Gina K's Retro Boutique, which I stamped on Gina K's 120lb Pure Luxury cs. The dress is coloured with copics, then I paper pieced the skirt with SU ds paper in Pink Pirouette. I used dimensionals at the bottom of the skirt, but not at the top to make it look like it flows. On the top of the dress I added stickles to make it shimmer.

The image is cut with a nesties, and mounted on
su's pale plum. The image is mounted on Perfect Plum, which I embossed with D'vine Swirls and the card base is SU Pink Pirouette cs.

The Tailored Bow is SU Pink Pirouette cs - thanks for the great challenge and tutorial Joanne!
Have a great Monday

Dana

5 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

oooh - I like this - it looks simple yet there's soo much to it!

Leslie said...

So pretty and what a perfect tailored bow!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a LOVELY card!

Janet said...

very pretty card!!

Anonymous said...

OOO, I love this! Retro is wicked!