Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yum COOKIES!!

When I saw this image from Stamping Bella I knew I HAD to have it - I love to bake & all my friends in Toronto & their kids LOVED when I made cookies because I make them & give them away! I was even known as the "Cookie Lady" to one of my friends sons. I made this valentines day card for her & another girlfriend who will laugh at the cake holder they are on; every time we went shopping at Winners/Homesense I would put one in our cart THEN by the time we would leave the store I would talk myself out of buying it; now after making the cards I really want a cake tray - I might just have to wander over to Homesense; but will one actually make it to my house?!

I actually decided to try sewing on this card; we bought a new sewing machine so I could hem pants for my hubby; yep the only thing I have sewn is a card - best not let him find out I got it working otherwise he will be wondering when the pants will get done!

I even managed to find something to paper piece on this card; really it is becoming a bit of an obsession isn't it?! Cookie Love is stamped on Gina K pure luxury paper and coloured with copics, I used an Atyou Spica on the heart then added some Crystal effects to give it some dimension & shine. The DS paper is all from Basic Greys "Bittersweet" collection. All the other paper is from SU; Rose Red, Chocolate Chip & Kraft. The chocolate chip is embossed with Sizzix hearts and I added some lovely Stamping Bella dots for a little bling

Funny I haven't used any stamps from Stamping Bella & I was in total withdrawal; yep I am definitely an addict of all things Bella - can't wait for my latest order to arrive!!

Thanks for stopping by have a great Thursday - really I only have 2 more Valentines cards to make not bad Huh?!

Dana

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

cookie love...lovin' that!!!

Karen Motz said...

Hey Cookie Lady...will you bake some for me when I'm there in 22 more sleeps (eeeks...only 22 sleeps left!)...I'm SO excited! Who knew you'd ever become a paper piecing fanatic! Your card is lovely...so we can sew on our cards while I'm there...yay!

Leslie said...

Cute card. Love the colour combo too. Hmm, now I'm hungry for cookies!

Anonymous said...

Will you hem my pants????

Mmmm.....cookies!

Anonymous said...

First of all, say yes to Char about hemming her pants cause I can't do it!! Second, cookies are my fav! They beat out chips and chocolate for me anytime...third, love the card!