Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sleepy in Mass...

Good morning I arrived safe & sound at my BFF's yesterday morning - and yes she did meet me with a latte and a big hug! I managed to sleep for about an hour on the flight, and a little dozing but that was it, so I was a sleepy girl yesterday! After a shower & lunch we hit Karen's stamp room & I managed to make 2 cards while entertaining Karen with the lack of brain power (it really was bad) BUT in 2 cards I was able to play along with Taylored Expressions Birthday Bash and did 8 of the challenges (4 per card) YEAH SLEEPY!!
Here's the first card I made using the sweet new set from Taylored Expressions called Trick or Treat II; I really like this set because you don't have to just use the images for Halloween, this will be my nephews birthday card it's in October so I am ahead of schedule!

I used one of the sketch challenges from the birthday bash, the one done by my BFF! (TEBBKM)
The image is stamped with mementos ink onto Taylor's choice snow white paper and coloured with copics. I paper pieced (TEBBDB) his mask and cape. The colours are from Prism and are Intense Teal, Rose Medium, and Sunflower Medium (TEBBJC) On the Intense Teal I used my new Spellbinders Impressabilities circles. I added buttons along the strip (TEBBSK) and some Xmas Red stickles to his "S" and on top of his head.

I will post the other card later, we are off to shop a little this afternoon - it's amazing how rejuvenated you can feel when you actually get some sleep! I did last until 10:30 last night, which is an early be time for me but under the circumstances was very impressive!

Have a great day

Dana

6 comments:

Sankari W. said...

OMGosh - how super sweet is this!!! LOVE your take on the challenges and LOVE the way you used the buttons!!! SOOOO stinkin' cute!!!! LOVE it!!! So glad that you and Karen are having a great time!!! Enjoy all the R&R!!! Thanks for playing along with my button challenge and thanks for playing along with us over for Taylor's Birthday Bash!!
hugs!
Sankari :)

Nancy said...

You go, girl! Sounds like the two of you are having a great time--hope it's as sunny there as up here in Oakville!

Leslie said...

Super job superwoman! Such a cute card for someone so sleepy! Love his little cape and mask!!!!!!!!!

Donna Baker said...

what a SUPER cute card! I heard about your red eye flight on Karen's blog - hope you get some rest!! So glad you played in the challenges! have lots of fun!

Karen Motz said...

Super Cuppie is SUPER CUTE!!! Fabulous job with the sketch my friend and I love his Super sparkly S!!! Thanks so much for playing along.

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my WORD! This is flippin' ADORABLENESS Dana! LOVE LOVE LOVE your colouring (notice my spelling??) on Super Cuppie! This ROCKS my world eh? LOL!!