Friday, September 3, 2010

ANIMALS....

Now I have Def Leppards song ANIMALS going through my head - a flashback to my younger days & rock bands with bad hair!


This weeks Bellariffic Fridays challenge was anything with Animals.  I decided to get my Christmas cards going again (since I've taken the last couple of weeks off) and I inked up Theo thinks he's Santa.  The image is stamped with mementos ink onto bella's bestest paper and coloured with copics.  For the fur trim on his hat & coat I used white liquid applique and while it was wet sprinkled it with glamour dust glitter; then let it dry - don't heat set it or it will poof up!  The DS paper is basic greys new line joival which is layered on black cs.  I ran a piece of riding hood red (still one of my favourite red) through cuttlebugs snowflake embossing folder and layered it on black as well.  On Theo's belt I used a black glaze pen and silver atyou spica pen.

Don't forget the NEW BABES are up this week - I can't wait to see their creations!!  Make sure you stop by Bloggabella to see all the babes cards & the sistahs creation.  Remember you can win bella bucks for leaving a comment on Bloggabella!  Next weeks challenge is "back to school" which is always one outside my box since I don't have kids - really it just means more traffic at certain times of the day & finally Costco won't be so busy!!

Thanks for stopping by - have a fantastic day

Dana

copics: E51, E53, E55, R02, R24, R27, BG11, BG13, BG15

7 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Aw, he's so sweet! LOVE the sparkly hat and coat - super cute!

LindaH said...

DANA! this is freaking ADORABLE!!!!

Leslie said...

How cute is he?! Love the shiny belt and the sparkly trim. I laughed at your comment...Costco won't be so busy :)

paula said...

He is adorable Dana! I can not wait til the holidays to use him on some cards for friends. I love that plaid paper too...tis the season sistah!!

Crafty Cath said...

Awwe...Look how cute Theo looks. Love all the sparkly glitter adorning his coat and the way you colored him. He looks nice and fuzzy. Now you've got me thinking that I should be getting some holiday cards done too. Ack, I only think I've done 2 so far.

Anonymous said...

Love that you added sparkle to his coat! I can't decide which one I love more but know that I see yours, Santa is darling! Too cute girl!

Jodi Collins said...

He is the CUTEST Dana! LOVE your coloring and the sparkle on him!!!