Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dreaming Big Sweet Sunday

Happy Sunday!!  The weather here this weekend is actually spring like & it sounds like it might stay that way for awhile - fingers crossed!  This week Karen's sketch (SSSC117) totally stumped me; and I must admit there was quite the pile of debris on my desk!! Maybe the problem was I didn't flip the sketch like I usually do & that's what threw me off?!


Now when Karen sent the sketch to us Sweet Sunday she kindly said what the dimensions were to make it easier for us; but darn if I know where that information went! I inked up one of my new a la mode stamps from MFT called Dream Big.


The image is stamped with mementos ink and coloured with copics.  I paper pieced the girl sitting on the moon.  The ds paper is from Lily Bee Designs called Picket Fence.  I used a star cuttlebug embossing folder for the background and MFT die namics star border and stars.  In the centre of the star border I used some star dust stickles, then a tiny rhinestone.

Please stop by the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers blogs to see their creations, and remember to link your card to Karen's blog 



Thanks for stopping by, I hope this post makes sense we just got home from the Elton John concert (he was fabulous) and I'm very sleepy & just getting this up in time!!

Dana 

14 comments:

Christina said...

That is a really stunning card Dana! Love the colourcombo!
Hugs Kristel

Leslie said...

Ooooh love, love, LOVE it!!!! Seriously? You struggled with this? It's adorable! I love all the stars going on - just perfect my friend!

Leslie said...

Hang on a minute - just re-read your post - Elton John?! How fun was that?! So your card is even more perfect...a star card for a star concert! :)

jeanne girl said...

Elton John - wow lucky lady!! Your card shows no sign of struggle - it is awesome!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome Dana, sure doesn't look like you struggled with it from this side!! Love it!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

How lovely! Gorgeous work!

Karen Giron said...

You'd never know this was a stumper for you, wow! SOOOO cute! Love all the stars and little accents - and I'm sorry you have debris all over your desk, hehe!

Crafty Cath said...

Ack - this is freakin adorable! Of course I LOVE stars...and this is loaded with em. Love what you did with the layout. I think it would have stumped me but this is just grand!

Danni said...

This is stunning!! One of my most favorite cards of yours!! Fabulous job!

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful card Dana! Love this image and all the great stars!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Delightful card Dana! This is such a sweet image and you've colored her up beautifully! You did such a wonderful job with the sketch! :D

paperkicks said...

So cute!!

Kerri said...

love the card...thks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Shut up!!!! This is adorable!!