Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thinking of You on a Sweet Sunday

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful friend Janet - as usual your card is NOT in the mail yet!!  Karen has yet another fabulous Sweet Sunday sketch for us this week (SSSC116)


Yes, I again flipped the sketch to work with my image - a Mo Manning's image from Stamping Bella.  


Sorry Shanna is stamped with mementos ink onto bella's bestest cream paper and coloured with copics, and caran d'ashe pencils and mineral spirits.  I have to admit the swirl on this sketch really threw me for a loop.   I know we can interpret the sketches BUT since I alway s flip them I felt I should do something as per the sketch.  After searching through my stash I actually used some of my "scrapbooking" stash.  I used some Kaiser chipboard and spritzed it with aquamarine glimmer mist.  On the prima flower I also used some glimmer mist.  The ds paper is MME Stella & Rose 

Please stop by the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers to see their creations and remember to link your card on Karen's blog 


Thanks for stopping by and have a great Sunday!

Dana


11 comments:

Karen Giron said...

You are such a rebel switching up the sketch every week! Then I love them more! haha! What a darling card - love it!

Jen Tapler said...

Oooh! Love how you rotated the sketch! And fabulous coloring!! So cute!

Pauline said...

Another amazing card Dana! Beautifully done, love the colours and your take on the sketch! And the chipboard-nice addition- I really should use mine - never think to use them.

Dawn Easton said...

Isn't she a doll?! Love her! Thanks for the reminder about mist....I have some and I don't think I've ever used it! Must do that soon!!!

Lynn Put said...

Oh this is so sweet! I love the pretty colors you used and the chip board swirl and flower are wonderful accents!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this sketch rotated!! Such a sweet image and your coloring is perfect!!

Janet said...

awwwwwwwwww what a cute card:) thanks for the bday wishes:) You rock!!
hugs

Leslie said...

I love that you flipped it - it's perfect! Sweet colouring too!

Danni said...

I just bought this image the other day!! Very cute card!!

Crafty Cath said...

Oh I love how you turned the sketch and created a nice flower adornment. This is too cute.

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOH! She is SO cute Dana! LOVE this girlie!