Saturday, January 3, 2009

Guess who this card is for?!

If you stop by my blog regularly you will know who this card is for! It came together super quick thanks to Taylor Vanbruggen's Cupcake Challenge 49.


I've had this sweet Elzybell stamp "gossiping girl" from Amuse for awhile and had and idea similar to this layout in my head; but when I saw the sketch today I knew I had to make it PLUS my BFF has been away for a week; yes we have gone an entire week with no chatting and VERY limited email - it's been HORRIBLE!

The image is stamped on Gina Ks Pure Luxury paper and then coloured with copics, and I used my Atyou Spicas for a little bling on the dresses and flowers. The images are cut & embossed with nesties and mounted on BG paper from their Gypsy line, the orange paper is also from the Gypsy line. The card base is Gina K's Pure Luxury paper is 120 lbs which I absolutely LOVE for card bases (thanks Karen for the great tip). The sentiment is from Stamping Bella; and I added a little shimmer to it with my Gelly Roll Pen.

The card is a little bigger than usual (5 1/2 x 5 1/2) but it was the only way I could use the images & nesties which of course I had to use!

Thanks for stopping by - it's cold here again but they say a Chinook is on the way & we will be above 0c next week; I will take the migraine if it means I don't have to bundle up before leaving the house!!

Dana
supplies: Elyzbell Gossiping Girl stamp from Amuse; Gina K Pure Luxury Paper (80lb & 120lb), Basic Grey paper Gypsy, Stentiment from Stamping Bella; Copics, Atyou Spicas. Nesties, Mementos Ink

7 comments:

Janet said...

such a cute card!!! I am sure Karen will love it:)
Stay warm...we are in for an ice storm tomorrow! yikes!
hugs

Karen Motz said...

For me??? I LOVE it! Can't wait to get it in the mail. Do I have the pink phone or the orange one? :)

Taylor said...

So cute, Dana! Love that sweet Elzy image! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Felicia said...

The Elzy stamps are adorable. Super cute card. I'm sure your BFF is going to love it!

Nicky said...

Great card Dana, love the colour combo.

Nicky

Kathryn said...

Such a FUN card to give to a friend!!
Super CUTE!! :)

Anonymous said...

Dana, first HELLO! I knew I would find you sooner or later!! Second, love this card, so cute! Are you sending it to Karen? Third, want to come to card night????? Please say yes, we would love to have you!