Friday, January 16, 2009

Piecing again....



For some crazy reason I started cleaning my stamp room today and re-organizing my stash; maybe it's the spring-like +8ish we hit today with more warm weather on the way or maybe it's because I had no clue what all I had for embellishments!



My goal is to start using stuff I haven't used so on this card I used DaisyBella from stamping bella; yep that's the only "newish" item on this card; maybe I will have more success on the next one!

For this card I used BSC63. DaisyBella is stamped on Gina K Pure Luxury cs with Palette Black ink and coloured with copics. I chose Basic Grey's Urban Prairie paper because I thought it matched the feel of DaisyBella. Yep the daisy is paper pieced, I don't know what has gotten into me with all the cutting!



I used nesties to cut out the image and mounted it on SU's basic black cs also cut with the nesties. The patterned paper is mounted on both SU's basic black and Baja Breeze; the card base is Rose Red. To add a little bling I used Atyou Spica on the stem of the flower and gelly roll pen on the flower on the shirt.

Finally I cut a piece of Baja Breeze with SU's word window punch and added bellas dots from Stamping bella to the it plus to the centre of the flower.

We are suppose to hit +8 to 10 C today so we should have a lot of melting, makes you think of spring here but you know another cold blast is around the corner!

Have a great Friday & thanks for stopping by

Dana

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Look at you go with all this paper pieceness - wait, is that a word? Probably not, but I'll use it regardless. Love the patterned paper! Funky, just like the Bella.

Karen Motz said...

You've gone crazy Sistah...paper piecing AGAIN!!! Lovely card! :)

Janet said...

wow...ok the next card i am paper piecing...maybe...lol
love your card!! thanks for all the cold weather...grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nicky said...

another gorgeous card Dana.Wowzar, that is real percision cutting around those teeny petals. Love the card.
Nicky

Janet said...

P.S...there is an award on my blog for ya!!
hugs