Thursday, January 29, 2009

Taylor's challenge 2

I finished 3 more cards for Taylor's year of the cupcakes celebration, so there will be 3 posts today - yep I go from no posts to 3; I need to find some balance!!

When I saw this sketch on Monica Davis's blog I figured I wouldn't do it because of the circle design, but I bought this Basic Grey Bohemia stamp after using it at a class with Kate at Scrapbookers Paradise North and she convinced me (not hard!) that I needed it.

I used su Sponge daubers to ink the image with SU's Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze. I added some dazzling diamonds to the butterfly.

To cut the card base I used my collozzle (large circles) and left the top uncut, then I took a little off the bottom so the card could stand. The baja breeze circle is cut with my nesties. The DS paper is from Basic Greys offbeat line.

Thanks for stopping by - there are still 2 more posts; it's less confusing on me to do them separately & I am still working on getting my coffee intake ....

Dana

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE it..that big butterfly is magnificent!

Leslie said...

3 posts in one day....hurray! LOVE this card - the shape, the colours, the butterfly, it's positively groovy!

jacque4u2c said...

WOW! You are on busy gal!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! Love the gorgeous butterfly. Thank you for playing along. :o)

Janet said...

great colours and the butterfly is so pretty! great card!

Anonymous said...

Shut up Dana!! Oh My Gawd is this gorgeous. Just go ahead and put "To Char" inside and bring it on over? OK!?

Karen Motz said...

this butterfly is gorgeous!!! Great job with the sketch!

Anonymous said...

Wholly crap, look at this one too! Wow, you are on a roll GF!

Anonymous said...

this is awesome, I'm actually getting this stamp, which is how I found this post! so beautiful! love what you did!