Thursday, April 23, 2009

FINALLY

I made it into my stamp room! I actually started this card last night but then I got caught up watching hockey (a hazard this time of year for me!) Unlike most here is Calgary I was sad to see them win last night; being an Oilers fan I could NEVER cheer for the Flames so go Chicago go!!

This weeks challenge over at The Corrosive Challenge blog was words only - yeah not one I was excited about but I wanted to try it; you know for a someone who doesn't like to put sentiments on her cards JUST using a sentiment was a big change!

The sentiment I used is from Unity stamps & it's the first one of their stamps I've bought; Scrapbookers Paradise North now carries their stamps and when I saw this one I knew I had to have it.

The CB is SU's Pacific Point, layered with Tangerine Tango, the DS paper is Basic Grey Marrakesh. The sentiment is stamped on very vanilla layered on Baja Breeze and Tangerine Tango.

I didn't add any embellishments, I decided the ds paper and the sentiment were enough, after I finished I realized I should have picked a ds paper that was a masculine & I would have had a perfect card for my nephew who is graduating from University - now I will have to replicate this card for him!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great night

Dana

6 comments:

Janet said...

dana what a fantastic card! i love the saying and the paper! great job:)
hugs

Leslie said...

Lovely card and what a lovely saying too.

Miche said...

Very pretty!! I love the colours!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! I love the paper and the saying is so lovely.
thanks for playing
Vanja

Melissa Craig said...

Wonderful saying - super great card. Thanks for playing!!

Anne said...

Lovely colours, nice card.
Thanks for taking the Corrosive Challenge this week :)