Monday, April 6, 2009

Words that Ring True...

When I checked out Card Positionings Systems challenge this week (CPS110) I wasn't sure how to make my card; then I decided to step outside my comfort box and make a card where the sentiment was the focal point.

The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms Mona Lisa's Moments which I bought at Paper Pastimes in Calgary; they have a fantastic selection of stamps there so I always stop in when I am in the area. The sentiment is stamped on SU's whisper white with Real Red ink and cut with an oval nesties and layered on SU's Bashful Blue & Kiwi Kiss cs which was also cut with oval nesties. I love how the large & small ovals give you such nice layering.

The card base is white cs, layered with Kiwi Kiss and Bashful Blue. The swirl is SU's Baroque Motifs stamped with Kiwi Kiss ink. I added some red Prima flowers from my collection and added some clear Rhinestones, I added Rhinestones to the corner because it looked a little plain - you can never have too much bling!!
Happy Monday - it's actually Spring Like here I just hope it lasts & we are done with the snow; but never say never in Calgary!!

Have a great day & thanks for stopping by

Dana

11 comments:

Patti J. said...

Beautiful card! Love your use of the sketch, colors, love it all!

Brrr....lucky you....gotta drag my coat back out here in Missouri!

Shelley said...

Really nice Dana! This IS really out of your comfort zone, but you did wonderfully. Sorry I haven't called you, I am just getting over 2 weeks of stomach flu! I'm almost there! Blah - I'll call soon!
S.

Karen Motz said...

This is SO pretty! I LOVE the simplicity and the sentiment is SO true! It's perfect my friend!!! :)

Leslie said...

For a card "out of your comfort zone" that's VERY nice! Lovely saying too.

Linda Beeson said...

Oh wow, how perfectly your designs fit with that CPS sketch! LOVE that verse and the swirls.

Janet said...

this is so pretty! i love it :)
hugs

Emily said...

Great job with the challenge Dana! I love the red with these other colors! It really pops off the card! I had those motifs on my wish list for quite a while and never ordered them. Maybe I need to rethink that if they are still available. I like how that worked so well for those flowers. Very pretty!

Christyne said...

Good for you for stepping outside your comfort zone! This looks FABULOUS!!

Elise said...

Hi Dana! Your card is delightful! I'm here via CPS110 challenge and I'm happy for the chance to see your beautiful blog! Have a great day!

Andrea said...

Love your card. Those oval nesties were perfect for this card. Nice job.

Jeanne S said...

What a beautiful card!!!